Salalah is the Second Largest City of Sultanate of Oman صلالة هي ثاني أكبر مدينة في سلطنة عمان
Salalah is a coastal city, laying on the Indian Ocean. It is a unique place in the Arabian Peninsula. On the northern side, it has mountain range, with greenery and springs. On the southern side, it has pristine white sand beaches, which are sunny from September to June every year. Salalah is a city spread between these mountainous regions and the Indian Ocean. It is located in Dhofar Governorate.
Salalah is one of the largest sea ports in the gulf region.
Salalah is Jewel of Arabia صلالة هو جوهرة العربية
In Salalah you can find the best weather in the Gulf region. The weather suits both sort of travelers who want sunny days and who don’t. There are nine months in a year when the sun shines, while three months Salalah is covered in fog and it drizzles most of the time. That time of the year is called Khareef (monsoon).
The Khareef season is from Mid-June to Mid-September and most of the travelers in this period is from the Gulf region (United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain). The rest of the time, western travelers come to Salalah.
Why you should visit Salalah?
- Salalah white sand Beaches are one of the best in the region
- Diversified places to visit ranging from Mountains to beaches to Religious sites to caves to blow holes to Archaeological sites.
- The Weather of Salalah is perfect for Outdoor Activities throughout the Year
- Experience Low Temperature (in 20’s deg C) in Salalah when Gulf Temperature is 50 deg C (July – Sept)
- Experience Khareef (Rainfall)
- Make BBQ in Lush Green Mountains or at stunning beaches
- Experience Open Air Restaurants throughout the Year
- A Perfect Place for a Memorable Family Vacation
- All Food served is Halal
- Nice and Friendly People
- Not an Expensive Destination as compared to other gulf cities.